Sunday, May 10, 2009

Launching L.E.A.P.

Pond overview:


More Apple Snail eggage in the pondage:


After much research, concluded that trillions of Apple Snails will eat me out of pond and home. Sadly, scraped the casings off with a palette knife and deposited into tupperware. Water drowns the eggs.

I should add that there have been at least four new casings in the two days since the L.E.A.P. (La Crescenta Egg Abatement Project) began. Here's the culprit. She has lungs and can breathe out of water, so I interrupted the sentient egg factory's sleep for a moment for a photo shoot. She wanted to put on her face first, but I assured her that she looked lovely, radiant.

Here, the focus is a little different so you can see inside her shell where there's a lump that's the same color pink as the eggs. This is what makes me think she's the female. This kind of hollow cavity in the shell also helps me understand a bit better how she can be so terribly productive, or I should say, re-productive. Har har.

No comments:

Post a Comment