Monday, May 30, 2011

Panorama of the Storm Basin

When I was at Deukmejian Wilderness Park the other day, I just shot a bunch of pictures. Later, it seemed like I might have enough to piece together a panorama of the storm basin that catches debris and water draining from the Angeles National Forest on our side of Mt. Lukens (which we consider to be "our mountain"). It's there to protect our community from catastrophes like the 1934 flood. (By the way, Woodie Guthrie wrote a song about that flood.)



Up top is my panorama. (You'll definitely need to click on the picture for a better view.) Next is my view of Mt. Lukens from the Deukmejian lower picnic area. (An earlier post shows this area during the 2009 Station Fire.) Below is a satellite view that I ripped off from Google so I could add my little arrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment