Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tomatoes, Cactus, & Lavender


Something happened to the main stem of my first tomato plant to yield fruit. It just shriveled for about an inch and a half and the whole plant fell over. The three medium-sized tomatoes continued on to turn red, but they weren't really mature. I still have four other plants. Shown are the first tomatoes from them, from the "Marion" Heirloom plant, specifically.
 


In the front yard, I have this cactus with insane six-inch spines. Twice now, I've accidentally backed into this guy while watering surrounding plants, ending (no pun intended) up with a very sore rear. Also pictured is Mexican Feather Grass.



Lavender flowers. I love the bluish-purple with lime green combination. That bright green is from the Ice Plant (Aptenia Corbifolia "Red Apple") in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment