Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tea Tree Two


My first tea tree is a dwarf. And pinker (less red). And nearer to the pond. This guy I bought in January with the bonus cash we earned at Armstrong Garden Center for buying all our Xmas stuff there (tree, garland, wreath, poinsettias). He was supposed to go in my pretty ceramic pot on the patio, but Tea Tree Two just didn't like it there. Not enough direct sunlight. Now he's in is in-ground home near the back fence where the massive pencil plant used to be.*



* There's a long story about the pencil plant removal. Short version: I like the way it looks (succulenty) and grows (vigorously), but the abundant milky white sap it ultra-readily oozes is either poisonous or I'm highly allergic to it or both. And once on, it's almost impossible to get off the skin. Since the violent reaction is delayed, you don't even know it's on you until it's too late. (No good, baby. No good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment