Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Herb Garden



Mom gave me the remainder of her Watercress seeds (thanks, ma!), and I finally did away with my past prime Swiss Chard to make room for the newcomer. I've never grown Watercress before, so wish me luck.

Pictured and labeled are the current members of my herb garden along with other plants (non-edible) that I grow nearby. This spot on my patio gets filtered shade throughout the hottest part of the day, so the potted guys do well here. This time of year, they'd burn up in full sun, even though their instructions call for "full sun."

In the upper picture: Thyme, Chives, Ginger, Basil, Sage, Parsley, Peppermint, Watercress (to be), and Spearmint along with non-edibles including Jade, Coral Bells, Mums, Ivy, Creeping Jenny, Agapanthus, and various succulents. (Click picture for larger image.)

In the lower picture: Herbs that grow in other parts of the garden. Rosemary (the creeping, trailing kind), Oregano (recovering in a shady spot from getting roasted while I was away), Curry Plant (not the curry one cooks with — it's sold as an herb anyway, smells delicious), and Fennel (has quickly grown to about six feet tall and is mingling with tomato plants).

No comments:

Post a Comment